United States has always welcomed Indians as a source of talents. EB-5 investment immigration program offers Indian HNIs a fast-track route to the US green card by fulfilling the prescribed investment. Most of the Ultra-Rich Indians are looking to use this opportunity to settle in U.S. by investing in real estate market.
THE EB-5 PROGRAM IS DRASTICALLY GROWING AND IMPROVING, WHILE ENABLING HIGH NET WORTH INDIAN INVESTORS TO OBTAIN A U.S. VISA BY INVESTING IN A REAL ESTATE MARKET.
Reasons Why Indians want to invest in the US Real Estate Market!
- U.S. has a transparent real estate regulation when compared to India.
- U.S. has highly evolved regulations, robust healthcare facilities, good education institutions, career opportunities and better quality of life compared to domestic life.
- Higher Return on Investment, Low-Interest Rates and Accessible Financing Options for real estate investment are some of the major decisive factors that are driving Indians to invest in U.S. Real estate market.
Since Canada has safest borders and economic stability has become a key to Canada's success and is decisive in attracting investors from India to its shores. The number of Indians obtaining permanent residence in Canada has more than doubled since 2016.
Most of the ultra-rich Indians think Investment in Canada is considered a safe haven for investors' hard-earned money and continues to represent a solid foundation for future growth and prosperity.
According to Canadian Real Estate Association, the national sales activity was on target to increase by five percent in 2019 and forecasted to grow by 7.5 percent in 2020.
The number of Indians who became permanent residents in Canada increased from 39,340 in 2016 to 80,685 in 2019.
Why Indians are choosing Canada for real estate investment?
- Canadian laws are quite liberal when it comes to owning real estate.
- No residency or citizenship requirement for buying and owning property in Canada.
- The Canadian government, for its part, has streamlined its work permit process for tech workers and provides a clear path to permanent residence.
Malaysia being the most foreign-friendly countries in Southeast Asia for real estate investors. You can gain access to roughly any kind of property types and even buy land as a foreigner with ease.
The recent announcement by the Malaysian government in Budget 2020 to lower the price threshold for high-rise properties in urban areas from RM1 million to RM600,000 and the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme introduced by the Malaysian government to promote Malaysia as a positive place to live for potential residents from overseas has given a positive edge over other countries to invest in real estate market.
Malaysia’s real estate market gained traction as transaction activity in 3Q 2019 went up by 5.6% to 83,186 transactions and 4.7% to RM34.7 billion respectively from the same time last year.
Why Indians prefer to invest in Malaysian real estate market?
- Annual rental value appreciation can be between 8-10 per cent depending on the type of property.
- In Malaysia employment chances are plenty and costs of living are relatively low.
- The Malaysian government is on the verge of introducing several favorable real estate policies to attract foreign buyers.
Without a doubt United Kingdom has always been a hotspot for Indian investors who are looking to invest in UK real estate market due to its economic and political importance. Largely motivated by the potential rental profits on offer (43%) and its stability (32%).
Most of the Indian HNIs see Tier 1 Investor Visa as a fast-track route to gain indefinite leave to remain and eventually in many cases gain UK citizenship.
In 2019, 21 % of Indian ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs) showed interest in purchasing homes outside India out of which 79 per cent wanted to invest in the United Kingdom. (According to Knight Frank Wealth Report)
Why Indian HNIs are looking to settle in United Kingdom?
- Exceptional public schooling, free medical care through the National Health Service.
- Work prospects, young and talented people are usually given an opportunity to shine and make a difference.
- The British pound is more stable than almost all other world currencies.
- The UK is very proud of being "a nation of shopkeepers" and private enterprise is actively encouraged thus entrepreneur opportunity.
- A pride of leaving in a highly developed country with one of the world's leading economies.
Cyprus is a full member of the European Union. Ultra-rich Indians prefer investing in Cyprus real estate considering the fact that the Citizens of Cyprus are European citizens and becomes quiet easy to travel, live, work or study anywhere inside the European Union.
The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program offers the fastest and most secure route to gaining a European passport through investment in real estate.
Since the Cypriot government introduced a package of measures to encourage international investment and residence from high net worth investors. Most of the ultra-rich Indians are eagerly waiting for an opportunity to invest in Cyprus real estate.
Why Indians are looking to invest in Cyprus real estate market?
- Cyprus has the lowest crime rate in Europe.
- An ex British colony and member of the Commonwealth that offers a high standard and affordable British education At least three United Kingdom Universities have campuses in Cyprus.
- Travel visa-free across the European Union.
- Peaceful, democratic and politically stable country.
- Access to high quality healthcare and education system.
- Fast- track procedure for granting Permanent Residence Permit.
With a warm climate, beautiful Mediterranean beaches and thousands of islands, it’s no wonder why most of the Indian HNIs are looking to invest in Greece real estate.
An investment of €250,000 is required in real estate in Greece making the Greek Golden Visa programme the lowest investment level of any real estate residency visa scheme in Europe.
Reasons why Indian HNIs are looking to invest in Greece real estate market?
- The Greek residency programme is comparatively fast, taking around 40 days until a residency card is issued.
- One of the least polluted regions in the world.
- Cost of living is relatively inexpensive than other European countries.
- Greece is a heaven on earth for those who love history, art, and culture.
- With the residency card, all family members will have the freedom to travel to and throughout the EU Schengen visa zone with ease and without additional visa applications.
- With so many attractions based in almost every city of Greece, there’s plenty for everyone to explore and experience.
Portugal being a holiday destination, it’s a place where tradition and modernity blend together in perfect harmony, the Portugal Golden Visa investor program has been actively promoted internationally by the Portuguese government. This has attracted many Ultra rich Indian investors to invest in Portugal real estate market with a very good potential for rental investment in both tourist as well as traditional properties along the coast and in the capital.
According to INE during the first three quarters of 2019, the total value of housing transactions rose by 4.3% y-o-y to €18.65 billion (US$20.82 billion)
The Portuguese government has taken steps to attract international investors from various countries. Officials in Portugal are currently implementing a range of investment initiatives, including a scheme that will see 485 million euros invested in the expansion of the subway systems of Lisbon and Porto by 2020.
Why to invest in Portugal Real Estate Market?
- A cost of living that is one of the lowest in the EU countries, guaranteeing an easy standard of living.
- No significant financial risks (exchange rate, inflation, interest rates are all controlled by the European Central Bank.)
- An advantageous tax system: there is no tax on inheritance and donations for residents of Portugal, and there is also a special exemption system or reduced income tax rate for non-habitual residents.
- There are no restrictions on foreign property ownership in Portugal and transaction costs are generally low.
Since UAE is heading closer towards Dubai Expo 2020, many job seekers, businessmen and enormous businesses are moving towards Dubai. In Expo 2020, Dubai alone is expecting over 20 million tourists, which are about 8 million more visitors than now, according to WTTC the tourism sector. The country is working on new measures to boost investors to invest in real estate market. This has given a positive edge for ultra-rich Indians to become a UAE resident by investing in UAE real estate market.
What’s driving Indians to invest in UAE Real Estate Market?
- In UAE, investing in real estate is totally tax-free. No tax is charged upon you, whether you buy a company space, retail unit or residential Villa in UAE.
- UAE boasts a high-quality lifestyle, standard of living and world-class healthcare and education.
- The country’s free trade zones with 100 percent ownership, highly developed infrastructure, and geographical location are viewed as attractive factors for foreign investments.
- UAE provides economic and social benefits to its residents including safety and security.
- The UAE program stands out as it does not mandate an investment per se. Setting up a light corporate structure with a low paid up capital suffices to qualify for residency.
Thailand government continues to introduce investment-friendly policies and have initiated plans to build several mega projects to uplift its infrastructure. This is well-known among international developers that flood the market to build condominium units close to the new infrastructure.
Thailand’s exclusive residence program gives foreign nationals the right to live in the country for up to 20 years. This makes ultra-rich Indians to act on investing on Thailand properties to make it as a second home destination.
What’s driving Indians to invest in Thailand Real Estate Market?
- Thai-property is affordable compared to other countries.
- Thailand has a low-cost yet high standard of living.
- Easy access to buy a condominium without making a bank transfer from abroad.
- Getting a work permit is also made easier once you have PR status.
- Permanent residents are also legally permitted to become a director of a publicly traded company in Thailand.